Car Rental F.A.Q
Get the answers for the most common car rental questions.
1. What are the car rental terms and conditions apply with GEM Car Rentals in Cyprus?
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions section of our website.
2. What is the driver’s minimum and maximum age to rent a car with GEM Car Rentals in Cyprus?
The minimum driver’s age is 25 years old, but we can accept drivers who are 21 years old but they hold a driving license for at least 3 years. Maximum age is 80 years old.
3. How do I make a car rental booking?
You can use our online reservation form to make your booking fast and easy.
You have also the option to contact us and arrange your car booking via email.
4. What documents will I need to bring on car collection?
You will have to bring a valid driver’s license for each driver, your passport or identity card.
5. How do I pay for my car hire with GEM Car Rentals?
You can pay by cash or credit card at location upon car collection.
6. Is there any additional charge for the use of a credit card?
No, there is no extra charge for the use of a credit card.
7. Is there any limit or extra charge for mileage?
No, there is no any limit or any extra charge for mileage.
8. Can I drive the rental car anywhere in Cyprus?
Due to insurance restrictions, you are allowed to drive the rental car only in the area of the Republic of Cyprus. You are not allowed to drive the rental car in the Turkish occupied area.
9. Who is allowed to drive the hired car?
Only the driver/s referred in the rental agreement is/are allowed to drive the rental car.
10. Can I add additional drivers in my car rental agreement?
Yes, you can add any additional driver/s during the checkout process.
(The additional driver/s must also meet the car rental requirements)
11. Is there any extra charge for additional driver/s?
The first additional driver is for FREE. Any additional will be charged during your checkout process.
12. What happens if I get involved in a car accident?
In the event of a car accident you will have to contact us immediately whatever the time of happening. Write down full details of any third parties involved and try to get any witnesses contact details if you can. In the case of a serious accident, it is a legal requirement to inform the local Police straight away.
13. What happens if the car breaks down?
In such an unfortunate case your will have to contact us immediately for either a car replacement or any special instructions.
14. Can I drop off the hired car at a different place from what is written in the car rental agreement?
Yes you can, but there might be an extra charge according the new drop off location.
You must also let us know at least one (1) day prior the drop off day.
15. What if I drop off the hired car early? Is there any partial refund?
No there is no any refund in the case you drop off the car early.
16. What if I drop off the rental car late?
In this case there is a grace period of one (1) hour without any extra charge. For more than one (1) hour there will be an extra charge of another day.